Dr. Muschel was an original member and attending physician of the practice when it was established in 1987 as the Ramapo Cardiology Associates. He has over 25 years of experience in the field of preventive cardiology, with a focus on cholesterol management to keep hearts strong and to restore health after a heart attack or other cardiac event.
Dr. Muschel received all of his medical education and speciality training at the renowned Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center, completing fellowships in clinical cardiology in 1986 and in nuclear and non-invasive cardiology in 1987. During this time, he received the prestigious Robert Loeb Award for Excellence in Clinical Medicine from the Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons. In addition, he co-authored several articles on myocardial imaging that appeared in publications including the Journal of the American College of Cardiology, Journal of Nuclear Medicine, and Circulation (a publication of the American Heart Association).
Dr. Muschel also has a bachelor’s degree, summa cum laude, from Yeshiva College in New York where he received the Samual & Emily Lemler Award for Excellence in Premedical Sciences.
Dr. Muschel is an Attending Physician at Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, an Assistant Attending Physician at New York-Presbyterian Hospital, and an Assistant Professor in Clinical Medicine at Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center.
- Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine – Cardiovascular Diseases
- Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine – Critical Care Medicine
- Diplomate, National Board of Medical Examiners
- Licensed to practice medicine in NY
- American College of Cardiology
- American College of Physicians
- American Heart Association
- American Medical Association
- Rockland County Medical Society