Dr. Roth is a board-certified cardiologist and has been practicing in Rockland County for over 30 years.
A graduate of M.I.T. with a bachelor of science in physics, Dr. Roth received his medical degree from Yale University School of Medicine. He completed his post-doctoral training at Boston City Hospital and his cardiology fellowship in cardiovascular disease at Boston University Affiliated Hospitals.
With his background in physics and clinical medicine, Dr. Roth is particularly interested in non-invasive cardiac and vascular testing and has received Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation (RPVI) status with the Society of Vascular Medicine. He is also board-certified in internal medicine, cardiovascular diseases, echocardiography, and critical care medicine.
Dr. Roth is assistant professor of clinical medicine at Columbia University School of Medicine and is active on the Echo Panel at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, Columbia Division. He also practices at Good Samaritan and Nyack Hospitals in Rockland County. Prior to joining the practice, Dr. Roth served as chief of cardiology and chief of medicine at Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern.
He has co-authored several articles on heart-related matters that have appeared in the American Heart Journal, Circulation (a publication of the American Heart Association), Journal of Laboratory and Clinical Medicine, and the medical textbook Erythrocyte Structure and Function.
Dr. Roth is dedicated to increasing the awareness of heart health issues and to improving the level of heart care available in the local community. In recognition of his efforts, Dr. Roth received the Citizen Award from the town of Ramapo for his compassionate service to town residents, and has been listed by Castle Connolly as a “Top Doctor” in the New York Metropolitan area for the past 10 years.
Dr. Roth is an instrument-rated pilot and enjoys playing tennis and bicycling. He has two grown sons and lives with his wife in Rockland County.
- Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine — Internal Medicine
- Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine — Cardiovascular Disease
- Diplomate, National Board of Echocardiography — Adult Comprehensive Echocardiography
- Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine — Critical Care Medicine
- American Heart Association
- Fellow, American College of Cardiology
- Fellow, American Society of Echocardiography
- New York Cardiology Association
- New York Society of Internal Medicine
- Rockland County Medical Association