Dr. Bhagan-Bruno is a board-certified cardiologist and imaging expert, specializing in the latest techniques in echocardiology and nuclear medicine. Prior to joining the practice in 2011, Dr. Bhagan-Bruno was the assistant attending physician at Harlem Hospital Medical Center and is currently an Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine at Columbia University.
Dr. Bhagan-Bruno graduated from the New York University School of Medicine and completed her residency in internal medicine at Weill Cornell Medical Center, and her cardiology fellowship at St. Vincent’s Catholic Medical Center. She holds a bachelor of science in chemistry and biology from St. John’s University, where she was a National Honor Society member and received the University’s Community Service Award.
Dr. Bhagan-Bruno has co-authored several medical articles that have appeared in publications including the Journal of Interventional Cardiology, American Journal of Cardiology, and the Journal of the American College of Cardiology. She also has participated in cardiac-related research projects for St. Vincent’s Medical Center, the NYU School of Medicine, the New York-Weill Cornell Medical Center, and the SUNY Downstate Medical Center.
Dr. Bhagan-Bruno has a keen interest in women and heart disease. She lectures about women’s heart health issues to area business and social groups and at local health fairs. A working mother herself, she enjoys spending time traveling with her family and delights in seeing the world through the eyes of her child.
- Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine — Internal Medicine
- Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine — Cardiovascular Disease
- Diplomate, National Board of Echocardiography — Adult Comprehensive Echocardiography
- Diplomate, Certification Board of Nuclear Cardiology — Nuclear Cardiology
- Licensed to practice medicine in New York
- American College of Cardiology Fellow in Training
- American Heart Association