Dr. Garger is a board-certified endocrinologist who concentrates on disorders of the internal organs, such as the thyroid and adrenal glands, which regulate countless body functions. She deals with medical issues such as thyroid ailments, diabetes, obesity, metabolic and nutritional disorders, pituitary diseases, and menstrual and sexual problems.
Dr. Garger earned a combined Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Arts degree, magna cum laude, from Brandeis University. She went on to complete her medical degree at New York Medical College in Valhalla, NY. She completed her residency at Beth Israel Medical Center in New York City, where she was the chief medical resident in her final year, and her fellowship in endocrinology at New York University Langone Medical Center, where she received the Fellow of the Year award for the Division of Endocrinology.
Dr. Garger has presented at the Society of Nuclear Medicine, the New York Thyroid Club, and the Endocrine Society. She has co-authored articles that have been published in the American Journal of Cardiology and the Journal of Nuclear Medicine, and co-authored a chapter of the medical textbook Secondary Causes of Diabetes Mellitus.
Prior to joining the practice, Dr. Garger had her own medical practice in Hackensack, NJ, where she specialized in endocrinology, diabetes, and metabolism issues. She is licensed to practice medicine in New York and New Jersey, and is fluent in both conversational and medical Russian.
- Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine — Internal Medicine
- Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine — Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
Areas of Expertise
- Thyroid Ailments
- Pituitary Diseases
- Menstrual and Sexual Problems
- Metabolic Disorders
- Obesity and Nutritional Disorders
- Fellow of the Year, Division of Endocrinology—New York University Langone Medical Center
- American Thyroid Association Fellows Clinical Grant
- American Academy of Clinical Endocrinologists
- American Thyroid Association
- The Endocrine Society